Dr. Garrett Nelson joined the Advanced Foot & Ankle team in July of 2023. He grew up in Nebraska, and from an early age he knew that he wanted to pursue a career in the medical field and was drawn to the idea of helping others through his work. As a multi-sport athlete, he became fascinated with the anatomy and mechanics of these complex structures. Through his experience, he was able to witness firsthand the transformative impact that surgical interventions can have on patients’ lives. Dr. Nelson loves to stay active and engaged in various competitive hobbies. From hitting the slopes for skiing to challenging himself with strength and conditioning workouts, he is always on the move. He also enjoys the thrill of traveling, hiking, backpacking, and playing team sports like baseball and basketball as well as unwinding with board games or lawn games with friends and family. Today, he strives to be recognized as a leader in the field, dedicated to helping patients regain mobility and function. From any ailment from the toes to the ankle, no problem is too small or mundane.
- Biola University, Southern California
- Podiatric Medical Degree, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Ohio
- Residency at HealthPartners Institute/Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN
- Chief Resident, Interviewer/Externship Coordinator, GME Committee: HealthPartners Institute/Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN
- Published author, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS) SLR, Podiatry Today, and Minnesota Podiatric Medical Association Newsletter
- Speaker, ACFAS National Conference, American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) National Conference, Minnesota Podiatric Medical Association State Conference