What's the best way to take care of your feet and ankles? We suggest routine check-ups with one of our four podiatrists at Advanced Foot & Ankle Center in McKinney and Prosper, TX. Fully board-certified, Dr. Eric Silvers, Dr. Dustin Lloyd, Dr. Christopher Witt, and Dr. Melissa Sgro have the experience and diagnostic and treatment skills to keep your feet and ankles in tip-top shape. And, they are invaluable in the case of an injury or other urgent problem.
Just what is a podiatrist?
A podiatrist or foot doctor is an expert in all things foot and ankle. Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine, podiatrists study diseases and other problems associated with your lower extremities. They heal infections, protect injuries and deformities, correct biomechanical imbalances in how you walk and run, and more.
And yes, even common, but stubborn, issues such as Athlete's foot and fungal toenails fall under their purview. So, if you're worried about your feet and ankles in any way, see your podiatrist at Advanced Foot & Ankle Center in McKinney, TX.
Also, you should know that your foot doctor will work with your primary care physician and other health care providers so your treatment is accurate. He or she will review your medical history, prescriptions, past injuries, and the details on your presenting problem.
We offer in-office X-ray imaging, too. This is so convenient and reassuring as your podiatrist will review your images right at Advanced Foot & Ankle Center in McKinney, TX, or Prosper, TX.
See us right away
Not all foot and ankle problems are urgent. However, many are, particularly if you are:
- Of advanced age (begin routine podiatric exams at 40)
- Have compromising arthritis or gout
- Are diabetic
- Have been diagnosed with neuropathy (pain and reduced sensation)
- Cannot bear weight as usual (have pain and/or swelling)
- Have an open wound or sore which will not heal, particularly if it is draining
- Have a developing bunion, hammertoes, flat feet, or other deformities
- Cannot trim your toenails yourself or have one or more ingrown nails
- Require a recommendation on athletic shoes
- Have repeat ankle sprains, warts, corns, and calluses
You'll be treated right
At Advanced Foot & Ankle Center, Drs. Silvers, Lloyd, Wit, and Sgro are feet-first health care providers. They'll take good care of you at either the McKinney or Prosper, TX, location. Phone our office team for an appointment with one of these wonderful podiatrists: (972) 542-2155.