At Advanced Foot and Ankle Center, we see and treat a lot of patients with inflammation and pain. Inflammation can stem from tendinitis, arthritis, sprains, strains, wounds, swelling, neuropathy, fractures and many other causes.
One way that we treat these issues is called cold laser. As the name implies, this treatment modality uses a laser that does not burn the skin but uses different wavelengths of light emitted from the laser to target various tissue types throughout the body. The results of this have been exceptional and our patients have been very happy with the outcomes.
The list below highlights several ways that cold laser can improve your symptoms:
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Laser light therapy increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result, cells of tendons, ligaments, bones, nerves and muscles are repaired faster.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblasts which are the cells that aid in wound healing. Laser light is effective in open wounds, burns and scars.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser light reduces scar tissue formation following tissue damage from cut, scratches, burns or surgery by inducing production of normal type 1 collagen.
- Reducing Inflammation: The anti-edemic effect of laser light causes vasodilation and activates the lymphatic drainage system and thus decreases swelling.
- Analgesia: Laser light affects nerve cells in a way that blocks pain from being transmitted. This causes a decrease in pain.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process and reduces scar tissue.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy enhances enzymatic activity within the cell, facilitates oxygen delivery from the bloodstream into the reparation chain, and increases cell membrane permeability. Thus the damaged cells are repaired and regenerate faster.
- Improved Nerve Function: Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potential to optimize muscle action.
At Advanced Foot and Ankle Center, Dr. Silvers, Dr. Lloyd and Dr. Witt use cold laser daily to treat their patients to allow for quicker recovery and pain relief.
Cold laser therapy with the K-Laser has been made very affordable at Advanced Foot and Ankle Center. Let K-Laser painlessly treat the aches and pains that are slowing you down. Call today for more information and to schedule an appointment!