Advanced Foot and Ankle Center is proud to introduce to our practice Cold Laser therapy. We currently us the K-Laser Cube 4 unit. This laser uses four different wavelengths to target various tissues at different depths. Results have been exceptional and our patients have been very happy with the outcomes.
There are several physiologic and biological effects of cold laser therapy as outlined below.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Laser light therapy increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result, cells of tendons, ligaments, bones, nerves and muscles are repaired faster.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblasts which are the cells that aid in wound healing. Laser light is effective in open wounds, burns and scars.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser light reduces scar tissue formation following tissue damage from cut, scratches, burns or surgery by inducing production of normal type 1 collagen.
- Reducing Inflammation: The anti-edemic effect of laser light causes vasodilation and activates the lymphatic drainage system and thus decreases swelling.
- Analgesia: Laser light affects nerve cells in a way that blocks pain from being transmitted. Thus this decreases pain.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy enhances enzymatic activity within the cell, facilitates oxygen delivery from the bloodstream into the reparation chain, and increases cell membrane permeability. Thus the damaged cells are repaired and regenerate faster.
- Improved Nerve Function: Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potential to optimize muscle action.
At Advanced Foot and Ankle Center, Dr. Eric Silvers, Dr. Dustin Lloyd, Dr. Christopher Witt and Dr. Jan Veloso use the cold laser to treat Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, fractures, neuropathy, swelling, acute pain, metatarsalgia, plantar fibromas, hypertrophic scars in addition to many other foot and ankle conditions.
Cold laser therapy with the K-Laser has been made very affordable at Advanced Foot and Ankle Center and package discounts are available. Let K-Laser painlessly treat the aches and pains that are slowing you down. Call today for more information and to schedule an appointment! 972-542-2155